Last updated 30 Sept 2022
Data Protection Officer
What type of information we collect
We collect and process the following information when you visit https://costofliving.campaign.gov.scot
- any feedback you share with us
- your cookies using Google Analytics
- your IP address
- which type of browser and device you used
- how long you spend on the gov.scot/costoflivingsupport page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you're visiting the page
Google Analytics data is only collected from users who have consented to share this data. Any information we get about you from Google Analytics will be anonymised before we see it. This means we will not hold any personally identifiable information about you, such as your name or address.
Information collected by linked services
Content from external sites links to their services. You should read their privacy statements about the information their services collect.
You can find the privacy statement for mygov.scot at: https://www.mygov.scot/privacy
Information we do not collect
There are no webpages on https://costofliving.campaign.gov.scot
where you can enter personal information.
Why we collect this information
We use the information you share with us:
- to improve our services
- give you access to government services
- to identify security threats
Our legal basis for processing this data is 'legitimate interests'. That's because:
- it's in the legitimate interests of our users to make improvements to our website
- we need to maintain the security of https://costofliving.campaign.gov.scot
We only collect information about you using Google Analytics if you consent to it.
If you do not consent to it, you can let us know by emailing: DataProtectionOfficer@gov.scot.
What we do with this information
We may share your anonymised information with other agencies or public bodies in the Scottish Government. But this will not include personally identifiable information.
We'll only share your data with a third party if we're required to do so by law. For example by court order or to prevent fraud.
We will not:
- sell or give your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
How long we keep your information
We will delete any feedback you share with us after 3 years. We keep anonymised analytics for 38 months.
How we store this information
All personal information is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Data collected by Google Analytics data may be processed outside the EEA.
We're committed to doing everything we can to keep your data safe. We perform regular security tests to make sure our systems and processes are secure.
Your data protection rights
You have the right to:
- see your information – through a subject access request
- improve your data – if you think the information we have is inaccurate or incomplete
- delete your information – if you do not want us to use your data anymore
- limit what we do with your data – depending on the circumstances
- stop us using your data – depending on the circumstances
- take your data with you – if you want to share it to another organisation, depending on the circumstances
How to complain
If you're unhappy with how we've used your data, you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO):
Information Commissioner's Office
0303 123 1113
Find out about call charges
Changes to this policy