You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Older people

Support available for older people.

Pension Credit

You could get Pension Credit if you're over State Pension age and on a low income.

Check if you can get Pension Credit

Winter Fuel Payment

If you were born on or before 25 September 1957 you could get between £250 and £600 to help you pay your heating bills.

Check if you can get the Winter Fuel Payment

Older persons free bus pass

If you're aged 60 or over you may be able to get a free bus pass.

Check if you can get an older persons bus pass

Age Scotland Helpline

Get free, confidential advice over the phone (0800 12 44 222) for older people, their carers and families in Scotland.

Read more about the Age Scotland Helpline

Warmer Homes Scotland funding 

If you’re a homeowner or a private tenant and meet certain criteria you could qualify for funding to help reduce your energy bills.

Check if you qualify for Warmer Homes Scotland funding

Free TV Licences for over 75s

You can apply for a free TV Licence if you’re 75 or over and you or your partner gets Pension Credit.

Check if you can get a free TV Licence

Back to top