You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Disabled adults

Support available for disabled adults and those who care for them.

Adult Disability Payment

Adult Disability Payment is extra money to help you if you have a disability or long-term health condition that affects your everyday life.

Check if you can apply for Adult Disability Payment

Carer's Allowance

You could get £81.90 a week if you care for someone at least 35 hours a week and they get certain benefits.

Check if you can get Carer's Allowance

Carer Support Payment will replace Carer's Allowance

Carer Support Payment is replacing Carer’s Allowance in Scotland. The new benefit is currently being piloted in Dundee City, Perth and Kinross and the Western Isles. It will be available across Scotland later this year.

Check if you can get Carer Support Payment

Carer's Allowance Supplement 

Carer's Allowance Supplement is an extra payment to help carers in Scotland who get Carer's Allowance.

Check if you can get Carer's Allowance Supplement

Young Carer Grant

The grant is a yearly payment of £383.75 for young carers in Scotland. You need to be 16, 17 or 18 years old to get it.

Find our more about Young Carer Grant

Disabled persons free bus pass

If you or your child (5+) has a disability you may be able to get a free bus pass.

Check if you can get a disabled persons bus pass

Independent Living Transition Fund

If you're 15 to 25 with a disability you could apply to the fund for money to take part in new activities or learn a skill.

Find out more about the Independent Living Fund

Discounted TV Licences

You could get money off your TV Licence if you’re blind (severely sight impaired) or live in a residential care home or sheltered housing.

Check the full criteria if you’re blind

Check the full criteria if you live in residential care

Back to top